Tuesday, March 01, 2005

More thoughts on the Blog

I've been giving this Blog some more thought, and still don't know exactly what it should end up having in it. But, as I was just recently reading in the Jesus Creed (yes, I'm a week behind everyone else) not everyone has a single "conversion" experience when they get their Christian "Birth Certificate". Along these same lines, I fully expect this will change it's focus every now and then.

Right now I've been thinking that I'd really like this to be a place for someone to see the world the way I see it. I can only pray that you'll come away from it feeling a little better about the world. But then reality sets in, and I know I'll have days like today. Where Rachel (my daughter) is just so sick all I can do is wonder how she can be so amazingly cute and so incredibly disgusting at the same time. We had to leave early and Erin (my lovely wife) or I will have to be home with her until 24 hours of no disgusting stuff.

So, today I'm just throwing out a quote from JoA. I'll end up closing each post with one... Well, until I run out and need to turn to other things with even better quotes. Maybe the Bible?
Thinking you're the worst person in the world is no different than thinking you're the best. It's giving yourself a place in the universe you haven't earned.
This is pretty interesting. I mean, think about it. We all know how hard it is to be with someone who thinks they're God's gift to the world. I've generally fond it somewhat easy to tell someone I think they need to take a step down, and realize that everyone they meet are people, with a heart, history and a life.

What about those people we deal with who see their lives as awful, and who never see the good side to things? I've dealt with some people, trying to show them what they see as a gift, but you just do it day after day, always dealing with the surface problem and never the root cause. It's so much harder going the next step. Telling that person that I love them with all my heart, and they need to realize they are a gift from God. That they are not the worst person in the world, and saying you are just makes those who love you angry.

How we deal with this is, as with everything, complicated. But Rob (our pastor at St. Matthews) gave a great sermon on conflict resolution. This is off topic, but tomorrow or Thursday I'll likely be using some of these methods when dealing with a co-worker, prayers are always appreciated.

Peace

0 comment(s):

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page