Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Devotion on Romans 4:7-12

We'll be heading out to Montana this Sunday for a mission trip. So Iwill of course continue to be bad about posting to my blog. But I have written my weekly devotionals for this week and next. Here's a quick preview for this week:



Personally, the entire circumcision discussion got a bit confusing there for me. That's kind of funny to me since the passage itself is so incredibly powerful. Sometimes it is just easy to get bogged down in language and miss the real point. The real point here is forgiveness. How many of us have ever made a mistake (come on, I want to see those hands raised)? How many have made a really big mistake? How many have broken a relationship or someone's heart? Unfortunately I've done all of these things, and I'd guess many of you have as well.

But one of the reasons God has such a strong hold on me is unconditional love. No matter how many times I mess up He will forgive me. This passage is telling me that I am blessed because my sin will not count against me.

But this passage has an even stronger message for the world. Remember that whole confusing part about circumcision? What its saying is that to be forgiven I don't have to be anyone special. I don't have to be part of the special few who are selected to take part in some ceremony. I can be myself.

What this all says is that anyone and everyone is able to be forgiven in God's eyes. Truly, when it comes to eternity, whose other opinion matters?

Peace,
+Tom

0 comment(s):

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page