Saturday, June 11, 2005

Revelation Devotion

I recently started writing daily devotions based on the Epistle for our church. I'm now writing each Sunday to our Daily Devotions. My switch to Sunday has been both wonderful and hard. Switching days has now got me discussing passages from the Book of Revelation. One of the hardest books for me with all the symbolism, not to mention the hard discussion about the end of the world. Today's entry on Revelation 15:1-8 seemed to also kind of fit with some of my other discussions in this blog, so I figured I'd post it here...



I give a lot of thought to my life and how I live each day. As I run around at work I often wonder if what I'm doing really does make a difference in the world. Are the products I design and implement really changing someone's life for the better? Most importantly I wonder if I am living God's plan for my life.

We're shown the beginning of the End of Days. This dream of our future explains the seven plagues which will infest the earth. Those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their savior have been rescued from earth and are at home with Christ.

There are some days that I really feel like I am not making a difference. Especially those days after we deliver a product, I just come into work fried and tend to veg out a bit. I don't mean I slack off and do nothing, but I sure do things a lot slower just to get back into the swing of normal life.

While I feel like I need these relaxing days, they are also troubling to me. I generally sit at work wasting some time. Then head home and just sit watching television. Where in all of this is God? He's obviously with me and encouraging my actions, but I'm just focusing on myself and what will make me feel better.

God does want us to feel good about ourselves and have great lives. Unfortunately that doesn't mean we'll do what we want and always be happy. There have been times in life where I have been given responsibilities from God which are so troubling I just have to cry. Other responsibilities where I have no idea what to do and really need a few hours to focus on Him and His desires. If you know me, taking a few hours to think on something is generally a commodity I don't give myself, and yet here God is forcing me to take this time.

My challenge for myself is to live each day where I take at least one action which is for God alone. I think I'll start that today with a phone call I should have made two weeks ago.

Will you live God's plan for your life each day? What will you be doing when the end comes? Will you be ready when it's time to meet Jesus face to face?

Peace.

0 comment(s):

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page