Thursday, October 05, 2006

Catalyst: Day 2 Highlights

You can do some huge things by simply stepping out into the community and tapping those resources. 

In the morning there were 5 absolutely incredible break dancers (I mean, these guys and girl were absolutely amazing and defy gravity and some speed records).  Then there was the percussion section from a local high school band.  Later there were English flags, horses (yes, 5 horses in all) and some amazing humor, even if none of it applied to the conference except to make things unclear.  Later on Lanny came out with a monkey on his back, again, he sure got that from someone in the community.  To top it all off (I'm glossing over the horn guy, the be-bop guy and the woman who spoke words backwards) Lanny brought in his friend form the community....  Jeff Foxworthy.

This makes me think that we're not tapping into the community nearly enough.  Maybe we can never tap them enough.

The low of the conference was probably being told "You are blocking the aisle and have to move.  You certainly can't plug in [your laptop] here." and getting kicked out of the auditorium.

I was later told by another organizer when I came back, "I know this stinks, but I'm going to have to ask you to move.  They need to keep the aisles clear."  What a difference, I was happy to listen and follow him.

Another low (albeit minor) is that the concert they were plugging tonight actually cost even more money to go to.  Needless to say I enjoyed dinner with the rest of the group and tried to find a ColdStone (which was closed) instead.

While the conference has been interesting so far, I'm looking forward to getting back home and having a lot less sensory overload.  Though I do have to say, Catalyst puts on one amazing and unforgettable show.

Thought for the day?  What's the difference between story and show?  If done right are they interchangeable?  (Thank's to Rob for that question).

Peace,
+Tom/Bob

0 comment(s):

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page