Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Back in the Real World

Well, I'm back at in the office today. I worked from home yesterday which helped get me ready for this. Unfortunately I still feel really disjointed. I look around my office, at my shirt and tie, at the job I'm doing and wonder how it's affecting me. Sometimes I really feel like this job is just leeching the life out of me, taking out a lot of energy without really giving anything back to the community. I continually get complaints about things which need to be fixed. Or need to look for work to keep myself busy and feeling like I am making a difference.

I was just reading an article today in the Washington Post titled Boredom Numbs the Work World. It definitely made me realize that I am bored at work, even when I think I'm busy. Over the past year my day has just dragged on. Last week we were running so much and so quickly that I didn't have time to do anythign besides take pictures off of the camera each night. Otherwise every moment was filled with spending time with people around me, painting, helping or leading. I wasn't bored at all this past week, even when I was relaxing at the house all morning.

I've had some amazing things said about me, some have literally moved me to tears. The hard part to grasp is that those thigns were said of youth and adults in our church, friends or family (never from co-workers). Kind of makes me wonder whether I'm in the right position or whether I'm just in a work-funk after this trip.

Anyway, it's been a hard transition back to the real world. So now I'm goign to be spending a lot of energy on helping God lead me where He wants me to go. Prayers are always appreciated.

Peace,
+Tom

0 comment(s):

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page