Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Paper Nightmare

Have you ever had this nightmare?  You get ready for class and realize that you have a paper due that day which you didn't know about?  You didn't read the resources and the library is closed.  You didn't think about the thing at all and you don't even remember how to write a research paper, forgetting what a topic question and conclusion is or even how to write a bibliography?

Yeah, that's my life right now.  The paper I thought was due next week is actually due today.  I realized it late last night.  Yes, even the "don't remember how to write a research paper" is true.  I had to ask a friend who's in school to send me a paper so I could see if you still indent paragraphs and what a bibliography (er, works cited now I understand) looks like.

So, yeah, I'm kind of freaking out.  But it's been fun.  I've found the library, figured out how to get money on my card to make copies and begun writing.  Thank all the gods that there may be (ok, really I know there's just one, and He IS watching over me) that this paper is only two pages double spaced and the teacher gave us the works to cite.

In case you didn't know what to pray for, this thing is due in 5 hours and I only have one sentence done.  Thankfully they are the hardest.  Time to get back and stop letting my mind free-flow.

1 comment(s):

5 hours left for a 2-page paper? Come on Tom!! I wouldn't start freaking out until you only have an hour left, and it takes you 55 minutes to drive and turn it in at the school.

Aaahhhh.... papers and homework.

I'd love to go back to school to have all my friends live a floor away. But I wouldn't want to do the work!

By Blogger Cindy, at 10/11/2006 8:23 PM  

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page