Friday, December 30, 2005

Don Pablos


I was talking to my friend Amber last week about restaurants and something interesting happened. I was truly surprised.

Ok, I am surprised often. But in this day and age I kind of figured everyone had a restaurant from the national chains within 30 minutes of their house.

So I mentioned a restaurant like Outback, Logan's, Don Pablos or Chili's and Amber'd never even heard of them. I guess that's normal but it really kind of shocked me. I mean, who's never been to an Outback (and now 100 people raise their hand, look what happens when I assume).

I figured I'd throw together quick descriptions and my own opinion of places I visit. Today I'll start with Don Pablos, which I visited for lunch. I was there with 4 other people for a lunch meeting.

It's a Tex-Mex chain which means they sell a little bit of everything. They focus on things like fajitas, enchiladas (meat or cheese rolled up in a tortilla shell) and, of course, huge margaritas.

I kind of like Don Pablos just because they have a decent selection and they're not incredibly expensive. For lunch I think we spent $7 per person, which included a drink. Well, mine was $8 for my burrito, but all about the same.

Anyway, here's one picture from inside of all their flags. It's this huge warehouse looking thing. It's kind of weird looking and I can't say the ambiance is great. But the food is pretty good.

So, when I finally sucker Amber, Abby and Dave to come on down and visit we may hit Don Pablos. I'm not a huge fan of Tex-Mex though, so we'll see.

I'm wondering if this restaurant idea is such as good one, since this seems all scattered. But it may be that I wrote while watching Batman Begins, which was probably a mistake.

Peace,
+Tom/Bob

2 comment(s):

granted this comment has nothing to do with the above post but whatever i juat wanted to tahnk you tom for continuing these awsom posts, i dont always keep up on them so its nice every once in a while when im having a bad day to come in and sit down and read another view on life from a different perspective. i espeacally love the stories of your teenangers, it seems like ther a pretty awsom bunch of kids. you dont get all to many comments so i decided to drop a line and say thanks and that this is greataly apreciated my all who read it. i'm sure of it. keep up the good work tom
~everyone~

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/31/2005 5:58 AM  

look what happens when I assume

You make an ass out of you and me? ;-)

Kat (the one and only)

By Blogger Kat, at 1/02/2006 3:06 PM  

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page