Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Two Hardest Obstacles

I'm continuing to write on my own responses to questions raised when helping Jessica with her school project. After asking me "As a kid what were your dreams for the future?" the next question was:
"What do you think are the two hardest obstacles you've had to overcome so far in your life?"
For which I responded:
Balancing life with money. Things always seem too expensive, or life just costs so much I can't leave to do what I really feel led to do.

Second obstacle would probably society. Our society puts a lot of importance in working, making money, and being a high level executive. My dad definitely agrees and he continually tells me I should get an MBA and be a high level manager. Being a youth minister or priest or other low paying area is looked down on by society.
I've been giving that second obstacle a bit more thought since I wrote it last night. I'm not sure it is explained well enough.

People think it's great when I tell them I'm a youth minister. I know that people look at priests and think it's a very noble cause. Heck, people even look up to them sometimes. There's also the sometimes unspoken thought of, "how in the world are you going to live". Or in the case of higher level managers, "you can't live financially secure that way, why would you decide to do that".

So, with that little bit of clarification I'll leave this as it.

What have been the two biggest obstacles in your life?

Peace,
+Tom/Bob

0 comment(s):

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page