Saturday, September 09, 2006

Potty Power

Potty BusinessAnybody remember Scrappy Doo always saying "Puppy Power" before doing something incredible?  I'm a die-hard traditionalist.  Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma & Daphne without weird and perky sidekicks.  The best thing about the first movie was that Scrappy was gone (sort-of).

While I always disliked Scrappy, it was cool that he shouted Puppy Power and did amazing things you didn't even know he could do.  He transcended himself and amazed everyone around him.

Today I'm thinking of teaching Rachel to say Potty Power.  While we've been working on potty training her for a week and a half, today she amazed us all.  She went all day without making any accidents and without needing a diaper.  She doesn't even want one for naps or bed time, but we're working on that (thank goodness for pull-ups, the special sleeping diapers).

Rachel told us when she wanted to go (even in the middle of story time at the library) and kept herself dry all day.  She truly went beyond what we all expected of her.

When I see Rachel do things like this it gets me to recognize that we humans are capable of much more than we are aware of.

As I keep moving forward in life I'm realizing that I really can do some of these things which I have never thought myself capable.  This is bringing about some big changes in my life.

What do you think you're not capable of?  Why not try it anyway?

Peace
+Tom/Bob

0 comment(s):

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page