Saturday, March 19, 2005

More Great Corporations

No sooner did I write about how well I was treated with Seiko when two other companies came out of nowhere and make me really begin to appreciate our countries corporations.

Tonight I was having dinner at Red Lobster, a restaurant I generally dislike. I have no idea why, but I always seem to leave there with a headache. Anyway, tonight I ordered beer battered Haddock and chips. I have to say, which I did eat a lot of it, it really wasn't very good at all. When the manager came to clear the table, I simply said dinner was "eh" and she asked about it. She was very, very gracious about it, and took off the entire meal from our bill. I know, it happens in a lot of cases. But I have to say, this just made me feel good, and ratcheted Red Lobster up a few more notches. Now I actually am looking forward to the next time I can go.

This led me to thinking about an amazing gift our church received recently. Last year we rented a theater and showed The Passion of The Christ. This was an amazing time for outreach and growth of every person who attended.

When we reserved the theater we ended up paying about $2 - $3 more per person than we would have if we'd just bought tickets for a general showing. We just received a check from Icon Distribution, the company Mel Gibson has a large ownership in and who distributes the Passion. This reimbursement covered the money we paid over the general admission tickets.

We never would have questioned the charge. Yet here's this huge company setting things right. There truly are some good people leading good companies out there.

What great companies have you come across, and how have they really made a difference?

Peace.

2 comment(s):

Hey--you've been back almost 24 hours now and still no NY update?!

And where are the pics?

Demanding minds want to know!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/24/2005 3:30 PM  

Don't tell me you've given up bloggin all ready!

Come on, man, we're all dying for your next post...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/26/2005 5:23 PM  

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page