Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Rachel's First Kiss

We just left Rachel’s daycare where she gets to spend most of her days. I’m beginning to think home schooling is the new solution for us. I’ll stay home and keep my daughter locked up in the basement. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

We got into the classroom and Rachel ran up shouting “daddy” and getting a big throw-in-the-air-hug. This is one of the best moments of my day. Rachel completely passes my wife if she’s in the middle and grabs on to me. Like many things, if you don’t have a child you can’t appreciate how amazing that feels.

So I put her down so that she could get her jacket. This was my first mistake.

She ran over to her coat and another boy in daycare, Nicholas (or as I now call him Nicho-Suave) came up to give her a hug. She was intent on her coat, but I wanted her to be friendly, so I encouraged her to give him a hug. This was my second mistake, and probably the bigger of the two.

What does my daughter do? She turns around and gives Nicholas a big hug. Of course, when you hug someone, what do you do with your face? If you think you put it beside the other person’s and rest against their cheek or chin, you’d apparently be wrong. No, Mister Nicholas decided that turning your head is for weirdo’s and face on kissed Rachel. And she LET him!

Heck, he must have some sort of charm, they stayed kissed for a couple seconds, and when they pulled away Nicho-Suave’s snot was on Rachel’s upper lip… not that she cared. Thankfully the teacher distracted them enough that they didn’t do it again. But I’ll be watching mister and miss kissy-lips more closely from now on.

What lesson can we learn from this? Never trust your kids for a second, even when they are right in front of you!

In all seriousness though, it was one of the cutest things I’ve seen. They were just so adorable and innocent about it all. And, so far as I know, that was Rachel’s first real kiss with a boy. I love kids.

Peace,
+Tom/Bob

2 comment(s):

Kissing spreads germs. ;-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/06/2006 4:52 PM  

or as Neil tells me,"Have a daughter, buy a shotgun." The basement idea really has merit when they get older LOL

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/07/2006 7:17 PM  

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page