Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Real D.C.

In case you haven’t figured it out yet, I live relatively close to Washington, DC (about an hour outside). I also grew up in DC until I was 21, so I know the area relatively well. While I’m glad to have moved out and avoid going back unless I have to, I am often impressed by the sheer diversity between man and nature.

We have tons of art museums (almost all free), unique sculpture, parks (D.C. has the highest percentage of national parks of any city in the world), architecture and the national buildings which just seem to stir our emotions (like the Capitol and the White House).

I got pointed to the group blog Metroblogging D.C. by my friend Jessica. More interesting to me is their Metroblogging Washington D.C. Pool Flickr site where any random person can contribute their pictures of and around D.C. Having grown up in the city these photos are just fascinating. These are the pictures of the real city. Pictures from the park, clubs, Northeast, colleges, everything. If you want to see the real D.C. this is a great way to check it out.

In case you don’t know where something is (and they describe it) I’d be happy to take you there so we can check it out!

Peace,
+Tom/Bob

1 comment(s):

Hey!
I'm getting addicted to that blog... Some of the pictures are really amazing. Anyway, I guess it's time I started posting real entries again. I've been such a slacker lately

By Blogger Jess, at 8/17/2006 10:23 PM  

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page