Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sporadic Blogging/I'm a Genius

Kem Mayer is the communications directory at Granger Community Church. Today she posted this blog entry which I actually really agree with.

As Kem (and really her friend Jason) mentioned:
  • The blogosphere doubles in size every 6 months and cutting through the clutter is more difficult with daily posts.
  • Traffic doesn't make a blog successful, engaging your audience (which may be narrow and focused) does.
  • Loyal readers remain loyal because they subscribe to your blog, not because you post frequently.
  • The pressure of frequent posting has the potential to drive poor content quality.
  • Frequent posting could push corporate bloggers into the hands of PR agencies. That decreases authenticity and creditability.
So, there it happened--in an instant--I went from amateur blogger to strategic blogging genius. In an instant. From zero to hero. Jason, you're swell. Read the full article.
I’ll ride on their wave and consider myself as becoming a blogging genius as well. Now if only I can get even select people interested in what I write.

Peace,
+Tom/Bob

2 comment(s):

Not sure I'm select, but I'm always interested!

And you are doing much better at I am at posting these days!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/23/2006 6:36 PM  

You are a genius! It took you this long to figure that out?

:)

By Blogger Cindy, at 7/24/2006 1:57 PM  

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page