Saturday, November 25, 2006

Heat

heat

I've been playing a game called Evil Genius on and off for the past couple of years (mostly off).  It's a humorous game where you are an evil genius, making a secret island and wreaking havoc while spies like 007 try to infiltrate and sabotage everything you do.  Through everything you do there is a notoriety meter with each act of villainy you perform adding "heat" and making you more notorious.  Right now I believe I'm vomitous.

In the real world it appears that my own heat level has recently picked up a bit.  I don't know which posts are really doing it, but lately my own heat level has apparently spiked.  This doesn't end up being such a good thing in the real world like it is in the virtual one. 

As with anything that's written down, it can easily be misunderstood or taken out of context.  This can lead to questions arising due to the integrity of the writer. 

It is an interesting revelation that an individual's integrity is always up for re-evaluation, no matter how long you have known that person.  There will be times at church where I may wonder about someone's motives even after I've known them for 4 years or more.  Even friendships and family can fall into this trap.  I wonder if we really can ever be trusted completely.  I sure hope not everyone is looking to question the integrity of everyone else; it's a hard life not trusting others.

In Evil Genius if you want to lower your heat level you stop doing things that will get noticed.

Recently I've begun to follow this plan of action.  The questions weigh too importantly on my life to let them continue.  It's too hard to write for multiple audiences and assume it will not be misinterpreted.  Even with an editor, I know how misunderstandings have occurred.

Here's my question to you all.  Do you really appreciate what's been written in this blog?  Would you like to read more, or would your life be unchanged if I stopped writing?

I ask for feedback other times but I would really, really appreciate you feedback this time.

Peace,
+Tom

8 comment(s):

I like reading your blogs. They aren't life changing. They are very interesting. Keep on blogging! I do my best to read it daily!
BTW: Congrats with (almost) baby # 2.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 9:05 AM  

Would you mind shooting out your name or possibly e-mail address so that I can talk to you a bit more about it? I'll delete any comments with e-mail addresses after I retrieve them.

By Blogger Tom, at 11/27/2006 12:59 PM  

Hey Tom, I enjoy reading your blogs too. I hope you keep writing. I just wish mine were as interesting.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 6:36 PM  

I read your blog all the time. Blogs and email have become the way I can keep up with friends.

You have an interesting style of writing. You always come up with questions to ask or interesting thoughts to consider at the end of your posts.

So, please keep writing. I'll keep reading! :)

By Blogger Cindy, at 11/28/2006 3:39 PM  

Is it really that important? You and I really differ when it comes to church. The nice part is that I do agree with what you stand for and belive in. It's interesting to follow you through the difficult choices that you have to make in life between your job and calling. Keep on blogging!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/28/2006 3:45 PM  

It's been recommended that I begin/continue to blog in a more private fashion, which means switching blog host providers. I only ask for names or e-mail address if you are interested in knowing if (or when) I do begin a new blog and if you would like access.

Please don't hear that I want to be critical or call someone out.

To keep things more private you may always e-mail me directly at TomLeary@stmatthewssterling.org.

By Blogger Tom, at 11/28/2006 7:30 PM  

Would you / could you please post a blog if and when you switch blog host providers? It would be a shame not being able to follow you to your new and more private blog spot.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/29/2006 3:11 AM  

Have you stopped blogging?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/05/2006 3:35 AM  

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page