Friday, November 03, 2006

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo: Writers RetreatIn case you haven't heard about it, there is a big writing event going on this November called NaNoWriMo.  The whole point is to write a Novel in one month.  I keyed Christine and Kate into it, and I think they're actually giving it a try.  Unfortunately, I am far to uncreative too write a novel in one month, I don't even know what I'd be about.

BUT.  Christine had an away message that said

DON'T TALK TO ME UNLESS YOU HAVE A COOL STORY! :D

Therefore, I decided to put together a GOOD STORY in 10 seconds or less.  For fun, here's what I came up with.

Once, when I was younger, I decided that it would be fun to see the world. I first thought, maybe I could fly around the globe. So I went and to my pilot's license. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to keep the license and I couldn't afford the plain, so that plan went astray. Then I considered riding in a space shuttle and seeing everything in and outside the world. So I went to space camp and applied to be a pilot. Nevertheless, I couldn't keep all of the controls in my mind and my eyesight getting worse kept me from that solution. Then I tried to travel. I visited Spain, London and Scotland. But I can't afford to keep that life up and prefer to stay near my family. So now I frequent sushi restaurants, Thai restaurants and other ethnic foods in the hope that I can taste their culture in some small way.

By the way, everything in here is false besides the fact that I want to see the world.

This was fun though, maybe I can write a novel.  How about you all, what story can you come up with in 10 minutes or lest (call it the opposite of NaNoWriMo).

Peace,
+Tom/Bob

0 comment(s):

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page