Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Midterm

David taking test in class.Here's what I've learned from taking my first midterm in 10 years:

1) Listen to the teacher.  She said use the CD and I did.  80% - 90% of the test came almost directly from that CD.

2) I am more aware of what I know I got wrong and what I did right.

3) After 10 years I still take tests blazingly fast (I was 10 minutes late and the second to finish).  But that never means I was right.

4) I finally figured out how to study key terms.  Instead of memorizing the term, memorize the definition and match it to the term.  The term takes on it's own life and has it's own hooks to stay relevant in my mind.

5) It's not as stressful when you've had some real conversations with the professor and understand their reason for teaching the class.

6) 1/2 of what I study will not be on the test...  Darnit!

7) Theophany - The manifestation of God on earth.

In the end I know I got 4 questions wrong, I think I got 5 or 6 wrong, so I'm expecting to have gotten 7 or 8 wrong.  Out of 50 that's not so good, but a solid B isn't bad either.

Peace,
+Tom/Bob

1 comment(s):

At least with #6 - the percentage wasn't higher. :)

I always hated getting a hand cramp right when I was in the zone on an essay exam. I couldn't write as fast as I wanted to, and then forget what I wanted to say.

Stupid hand!!

By Blogger Cindy, at 11/02/2006 9:06 PM  

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page