Sunday, October 02, 2005

Devotional on Acts 12:1-17

When is the last time you got some really, really good news?

My entire life I have worried about finances. It seems the no matter how much I earn there’s barely anything left to save.

This year a lot of continuing debt has been lifted off my shoulders. It began in little bits (Erin's wedding and engagement rings were paid off) and turned into huge amounts (paying off all of our credit card debt). It's not even stopping there, within 3 months my student loan will be paid off. Besides a car payment and mortgage we will be debt free.

As I mentioned earlier though, I have worried about money for as long as I can remember. Since I started working at 12 I never seemed to have enough. At times I lived beyond my means, but when I finally began trying to live at or below my means it didn't seem like to be possible. Over this past week all of that changed.

Truly, I don't believe it. It’s simply far to good to be true.

God has blessed us with financial security and the ability to save and give it away.

This thought continues to reel through my mind as I think of Peter and Mary.

An angel comes to Peter and frees him from captivity, but Peter thinks he must be dreaming. Finally Peter realizes what he’s seeing is real and understands what he must do next.

Then there's Mary. She's with friends praying for Peter's safety. While they are praying Rhoda comes in and tells them Peter's standing at the door. It's so incredible it can't possibly be true, right? No one believes it. They've been praying for so long that when God answers they almost miss it. Thank goodness Peter kept knocking and they understood that they must open the door.

I find myself in a similar situation. This huge burden has been removed. I still can't believe it. I'm finally waking up from the dream to a reality where God has provided what I thought was impossible. I know He is knocking at my door right this very moment and asking me to go the next step... I think it's time to answer the door and find out what that step is.

Peace.

0 comment(s):

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page