Saturday, September 16, 2006

Why I Love the Internet

I'm writing this as we drive along the New Jersey Turnpike.  Almost to the end and my turn to drive, I sure would like to be able to write and drive at the same time, but it'd drive Erin crazy (I could use Dragon NaturallySpeaking, not type and drive, that's almost crazy).  Already on this trip, five questions have come up:

  1. How much further to the Vince Lombardi rest area?
  2. Is there gas at the rest area (the signs were misleading, after a quick call from the rest area's site they have as much as I could want)?
  3. Is there traffic on the George Washington Bridge?
  4. Should we take the upper or lower level of the GW Bridge (the lower level based on this site)?
  5. What did that sign on the turnpike just say before it switched off?

As we've been driving up the road a quick bit of searching (mostly on Wikipedia) turned up all of the above information.  I can't even remember what it was like before we had all of this real-time information at my fingertips.  I must have just flown by the seat of my pants and taken what came.  Thank goodness those days are gone, huh?

Peace,
+Tom/Bob

0 comment(s):

> Post a comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page